Data Bank Administrators: Connecting Your Organization and the NPDB – ANA Continues to Speak Out Against Harmful Cuts to Health Care. – (866) 348-2889
Data Bank administrators serve an important role, linking your organization’s users to the NPDB by performing tasks that require special privileges. Organizations registered with the NPDB must have at least one administrator, and may assign more than one administrator to share these responsibilities and duties.
Administrators’ essential responsibilities in maintaining user accounts include:
- Creating, editing, and deleting NPDB user accounts.
- Unlocking user accounts and resetting user account passwords.
- Overseeing the registration and identity-proofing of new users, for which administrators complete special training.
- Upholding standards of confidentiality and appropriate NPDB use at the organization, with the authority to revoke user accounts if needed.
- Granting appropriate reporting, querying, billing, and administrator permissions for each NPDB user account (including having multiple administrators).
- Disabling user accounts that are no longer in use, as soon as NPDB users are no longer employed at their organization.