Nurse acts quickly after decapitated rattlesnake bites husband – ANA Continues to Speak Out Against Harmful Cuts to Health Care. – (866) 348-2889
The couple was preparing their yard for an upcoming cookout when disaster struck in the form of a decapitated rattlesnake.
Eventually, he was flown to Christus Spohn Shorelines Hospital. According to a People article, “once there, Jeremy went into septic shock and doctors placed him in a medically induced coma that evening.”
“There was actually three different times in the first 24 hours that the doctors told me that they didn’t think he was going to make it,” Sutcliffe told the Washington Post. “As a nurse, knowing what they were talking about was scary. I kept talking to him while he was in a coma, and I kept telling him to fight it, and he made it through.”